Monday, March 26, 2012

Friday is Self-declared Holiday!

Because I want to take a break from studying first, and because I still have something to say, another blog post it is!

Last Friday was my self-declared holiday! Despite my scheduled exams on ChE 123 and ES 12 today, ChE 131 tomorrow, Kas 2 on Saturday, plus papers and exams, I pushed through with my declaration anyway! Mama stopped over in Manila (she went to Tagaytay) before heading home and so Ate Elvy and I arranged a lunch date. By 11:30, I fetched Mama from the bus terminal in Cubao and then we went straight to Ate's office somewhere in Buendia. We dined at Teriyaki Boy, and it was Ate's treat so I was giddy. I told Mama to order the most expensive meal. HAHA. >:D

And so my mom ordered this.

Seafood Teppanyaki
 I went for this because of the egg!

Gyu-Yakiniku Don
 My sister had this.

Curry Nasu Raisu
The service in that Teriyaki Boy branch was poor. But Mama liked their food so we will let this one pass. HAHA. Our lunch date was just so short, but quality time nonetheless.

Ate Elvy and Ma
Ma and Mae
Ma and her mango shake :D
By 5PM, Mama was already homebound.

Meanwhile, I went back to the dorm first to rest and then prepare again for another appointment: dinner bonding with Kalay roommate, Hazel, and neighboring friend, Twinkle. This had been our second meet-up for this sem!

We originally planned on having dinner at the Van Gogh Is Bipolar restaurant in Maginhawa but unfortunately, it was closed that day. :( The caretaker told us that the restaurant is not allowing walk-ins anymore; clients must inform the management beforehand. And so, we just walked and walked along Sikatuna Village to find a new place to eat. Ahhh, walking with friends is simply one of the joys of life!

Now, can you guess where we ended up? Gayuma ni Maria. Another concept restaurant in the best food hub in the metro. I have already been here twice, but it was Haze and Twinx's first time so I indulged them. Anyway, I don't know if we will still find a place to eat if we walked further.

The concept of the restaurant is, well obviously, love and potions. The place is dimly lit, which gives its intimate feel. Also, there are many cute and creative details all over the place which never fail to catch the diners' attention.

Details on Gayuma ni Maria's walls

Nice ambience
For the romantic touch
My roommate Hazel pointing at her favorite potion
Go on. Read it. I know you want to!
Enough with the place. Let's go to the food. For the past instances I went here, I haven't yet tasted something I can call unique to the place. Sure, the names in their menu are catchy--Rock Me Baby, Hinugot sa Tadyang ni Adan, Chinoy to the 7th Heaven, etc.--but as for the appeal to the palate, nothing special. Although I have to commend their desserts. If there's anything that will make me go back, it's their Beats Sex Anyday cake (which I ordered again this time). So yummy!

Twinx ordered this chicken with cheese on top. I like!

I Love You, Cross My Heart
Haze ate braised beef with mashed potatoes. I like again!

Secret Lovers
Mine's not too impressive again. WHYYY do I always pick the wrong things? Mine is cream dory which is supposed to be chocolate-crusted. But then, there's only so little choco, mustard taste dominated more. I did not expect that so yeah, I was disappointed again.

Once You Go Black, You'll Never Go Back
BUT! Let us not forget how heavenly their dessert is, compensating for the low points in our (or maybe just mine?) gastric experience. There's Beats Sex Anyday again. And now they already got mango cheesecake which they called Pacute. My tummy is now happy. :)

Pacute

Beats Sex Anyday
And here are our pictuuuuuuures!






And that's just the main course!!! Next blog post will be about another gastric experience at another fun, fun, concept place in Maginhawa. :) For now, I have to go study transport phenomena first so I could pass the course and become rich someday as chemical engineer and so to afford more galas in the future! Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment